Monday, October 09, 2006

Credit card companies target students

University of Pittsburgh sophomore Ryan Kavcsak was annoyed by the repeated phone calls during his freshman year from companies urging him to apply for a credit card.


"They would call and ask for personal information, how old I was, stuff about my parents, where I live. My friends would get calls. I ended up hanging up on them," Kavcsak, 19, said.


"They would call and ask for personal information, how old I was, stuff about my parents, where I live. My friends would get calls. I ended up hanging up on them," Kavcsak, 19, said.


While some states and schools have moved to limit companies' access to campuses, many schools, including the University of Pittsburgh, are working with credit card firms and some are making money from the arrangements.


For full tory visit http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_474152.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home